Alex Gheorghe, M.S.W., Registered Social Worker
Alex holds a Master’s degree in Social Work from the University of British Columbia. She has completed postgraduate training in Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Dialectical Behavioral Therapy, Mindfulness-Based Exposure and Response Prevention and Somatic Experiencing. She specializes in treating trauma, anxiety, OCD, ADHD, depression, addiction, and marriage/relationship conflict. She provides individual and couples therapy.
Alex has been working in the mental health field for over 10 years and has experience working in hospital, community, and private practice settings. She works with youth, adults, and couples. Alex also has significant experience facilitating groups, educational workshops, and large group presentations on a variety of mental health topics.
Alex works from a person-centered perspective, using evidence-based interventions and strategies that produce real results. Alex believes that individuals need to understand their past in order to make sense of their present. For this reason, she provides a safe and caring space for individuals to learn about themselves, in order to develop the necessary tools to overcome their current struggles.
Alex is also fluent in Romanian.
- M.S.W. Social Work, Clinical Specialization; University of British Columbia.
- B.S.W. Social Work; University of Victoria
- B.A. Sociology/Psychology; Simon Fraser University
Recent Continuing Education
- Gottman Level 1 Training
- Emotion Focused Family Therapy Training
- Treating OCD: Mindfulness Based Exposure and Response Prevention (MB-ERP)
- DBT Essential Skills Training
- CBT Essential Skills Training
- ITATM - Attachment Trauma Treatment Model
- Learning ACT (Acceptance and Commitment Therapy) from the Inside Out