Poupak Toufanian M.A., Registered Clinical Counsellor
Poupak holds a Master of Arts in Counselling Psychology and has been working with children and youth for 14 years in the North Vancouver School District. As a Registered Clinical Counsellor (RCC), Poupak has worked at the Ministry of Children and Family Development (MCFD) and various non-profit organizations in providing therapy to children, youth, and their families. She specializes in the areas of anxiety, depression, PTSD, ADHD, relationship difficulties, and parenting challenges.
In her clinical work, Poupak applies Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Dialectical-Behavioral Therapy, Solution-Focused Brief Therapy and Emotion-Focused Family Therapy (EFFT), while also considering broader factors that may be impacting children and their families.
Poupak is also able to offer counselling services in Farsi.
- Master of Arts in Counselling Psychology; Yorkville University
- Bachelor of Professional Arts – Human Services (With Distinction); Athabasca University
- Classroom and Community Support Program Diploma
- Orton Gillingham Certificate
- Phonographix Certificate
- Hollyburn Family Services
- MindRight Counselling and Consulting
- Ministry of Children and Family Development (MCFD) - Chilliwack Youth Health Centre
Recent Continuing Education
- Level 1 and Level 2– Emotion Focused Family Therapy.
- Certification in Theory and Practice in Family Preservation.
- Certified in Applied Behaviour Analysis.
- Strong Conflict Resolution, Non-Violent Crisis intervention and Team mediation skillset.