Dr. Kimberley Routledge, Registered Psychologist
Kimberley holds a Doctorate in Clinical Psychology from the University of Manchester (U.K.) and has been working in the field of mental health since 2004, working as both a Research Psychologist and an Assistant Psychologist before completing her Doctorate in 2012. She has extensive training and experience working in the area of PTSD, anxiety, OCD, phobias, panic, depression, psychosis and interpersonal difficulties. Her work has often been involved working with the impact that early trauma / adverse childhood events can have on an individual throughout their life and Kimberley incorporates trauma-informed ideas to help establish understanding, compassion, safety and support within and alongside recovery. More recently, Kimberley has been working in a Psychological Trauma Program, where she specializes in working with clients experiencing PTSD / trauma-related symptoms, with a significant proportion of clients working as First Responders and in law enforcement roles.
Kimberley has trained in the theory and application of a number of different therapies, with her treatment approach mainly grounded in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy. She has also completed training in the theory and delivery of EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing) Therapy and Prolonged Exposure Therapy, both of which are evidence-based practices for traumatic disorders and has substantial experience using both of these within her clinical practice. She also draws upon mindfulness approaches, Dialectical Behavioural Therapy, attachment theory, Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, amongst others.
- Doctorate in Clinical Psychology, University of Manchester, U.K.
- BSc(Hons) Psychology; Warwick University, U.K.
- CBI Health Group, Psychological Trauma Program
- Macclesfield Community Mental Health Team
- Salford Older Adults Community Mental Health Team
- Trafford Traumatic Brain Injury Unit
- Wigan and Leigh Learning Disability Service
- Trafford Child and Adolescent Mental Health Team
- Manchester Psychotherapy Service
- Bristol and Avon Memory Clinic
Recent Continuing Education
- Defence & Affect Restructuring with EMDR Therapy
- Trauma & Attachment Across the Lifespan: Tools and Strategies to Address Complex Clients
- Prolonged Exposure Therapy for PTSD Workshop
- EMDR with Pain, Depression and Adults Abused as Children
- Trauma, Dissociation and Recovery Conference
- Supervision of trainee clinical psychologists workshop
- EMDR & Psychosis Conference
- EMDR Basic Training