Alex Gheorghe, MSW, Registered Social Worker, Canadian Certified Counsellor
Alex holds a Master’s degree in Social Work from the University of British Columbia. She has completed post graduate training in Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Dialectical Behavioral Therapy and working with post traumatic stress using somatic experiencing. She specializes in working with trauma, anxiety, depression, addictive behaviors, relationship conflict, and chronic pain.
Alex has been working in the mental health field for 10 years and has experience working in outpatient and inpatient counseling settings in the healthcare field. Alex also has experience facilitating groups, educational workshops, and large group presentations on a variety of mental health topics.
Alex believes in working from an evidence-based, person-centered perspective, using interventions and strategies that have shown effective results in the challenges that clients are experiencing. Alex also understands that individuals need to understand their past in order to make sense of their present. She provides a safe, caring space for individuals to do this work, learn about themselves and develop the necessary tools to alleviate the issues they are struggling with.
Alex can also speak Romanian.
- M.S.W. Social Work, Clinical Specialization; University of British Columbia.
- B.S.W. Social Work; University of Victoria
- B.A. Sociology/Psychology; Simon Fraser University
Recent Continuing Education
- DBT Essential Skills Training
- CBT Essential Skills Training
- ITATM - Attachment Trauma Treatment Model
- Learning ACT (Acceptance and Commitment Therapy) from the Inside Out